Police appeal launched after woman is accosted by a man in Beccles
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 40s was accosted by a man in Beccles.
The woman was walking home along St Mary's Road at around 10.15pm on Tuesday, June 7, and was near the hospital when she heard a male voice calling out to her. She then saw a car had approached from behind and the man driving matched the speed of the vehicle to her walking pace and continued to watch her.
She became unnerved by his behaviour and went into the driveway of a property to get away from him. When she emerged she saw he had stopped his car and had started to walk towards her.
The woman concealed herself again and the man remained in the area for several minutes, walking around his car, before getting back in and driving away.
The woman then called a relative to collect her as she did not want to continue walking on her own.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the man and are asking anyone who may have information about who he is to come forward. He is described as black, in his late 30s to early 50s, around 5ft 10ins to 6ft tall, of medium build, with short dark hair. He was wearing a yellow high visibility jacket - possibly a waistcoat type.
Anyone with information about the man or the incident is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 37617/16.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage