Police appeal for witnesses after road collision in Billingford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious road traffic collision in Billingford on Monday, July 10.
The incident happened on the A143 at Lower Street around 4.20pm when a white Volvo FM lorry travelling in the direction of Billingford collided with a white Renault HGV cab, which was travelling in the opposite direction.
The driver of the Volvo, a man aged in his 60s, suffered broken bones and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Renault, a man in his 30s, suffered potentially life changing injuries and was air lifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital for treatment.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision particularly two cars that stopped at the scene to assist emergency services and the driver of a tractor.
You may also want to watch:
They're asked to contact PC Wendy Frary at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place