Police appeal for witnesses after armed raid in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Witnesses are being sought after a group of men burst into a home in Kirkley and attempted to rob the occupants inside.
The group of men – two of whom are believed to have been armed with weapons – burst into the property in Lawson Road, south Lowestoft about 3.50pm yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) in a 'bid to rob individuals inside,' according to police.
A police spokesman said: 'It's thought at least two of the men were armed with weapons and police are looking into possible motives for the incident.
'A number of people were inside at the time and one woman at the property was pushed over, but she was uninjured.'
Detectives investigating exactly what happened are asking anyone who was in the area around 3.30pm – 4pm yesterday (Wednesday), particularly anyone in Lawson Road or Beaconsfield Road around this time, to come forward.
? If you have any information please contact Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting crime number 61687/16. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed