Police appeal for witnesses after a serious road collision near Swaffham left five people injured
- Credit: James Bass
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious road collision at Hilborough, near Swaffham on Friday, August 18.
The incident happened at around 2.20pm when a silver Vauxhall Vectra and a grey Peugeot 308 were involved in a collision on the Swaffham side of the village.
Five people were injured in the incident and one person was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital via air ambulance.
The first person to reach the scene was Norfolk Accident and Rescue Service (NARS) paramedic Simon Nunn, who was dispatched from his home. He treated all five patients, including one person who had 'significant injuries' and was provided with pain relief before the air ambulance arrived.
Anyone who witnessed the accident or who may have seen the driving manner of either vehicle prior to incident should contact the PC Andy Miles from Swaffham Roads Policing Team on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified