Police appeal for Kessingland robbery witnesses after woman sustains serious head injury
- Credit: PA
Police are appealing for witnesses to a robbery that took place overnight in Kessingland.
Officers received a report at just after 12:15am on Sunday, October 8, from a woman aged in her 60s who said she had been the victim of a robbery.
The victim was walking along London Road in Kessingland towards her home address just after midnight, when someone grabbed and stole her handbag containing her purse and mobile phone.
During the incident, the woman stumbled and fell into the road, hitting her head. A short while after the incident, she was found in the road by a motorist who stopped to help her.
A person wearing a dark hooded top was described as having run away from the scene towards Kessingland.
The victim was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment to a serious head injury. She remains at the hospital and is in a stable condition.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious activity, or has knowledge of the incident should contact DC Rachel Adams at Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting crime number 37/65722/17.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.