Police appeal for Kessingland robbery witnesses after woman sustains serious head injury
- Credit: PA
Police are appealing for witnesses to a robbery that took place overnight in Kessingland.
Officers received a report at just after 12:15am on Sunday, October 8, from a woman aged in her 60s who said she had been the victim of a robbery.
The victim was walking along London Road in Kessingland towards her home address just after midnight, when someone grabbed and stole her handbag containing her purse and mobile phone.
During the incident, the woman stumbled and fell into the road, hitting her head. A short while after the incident, she was found in the road by a motorist who stopped to help her.
A person wearing a dark hooded top was described as having run away from the scene towards Kessingland.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment to a serious head injury. She remains at the hospital and is in a stable condition.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious activity, or has knowledge of the incident should contact DC Rachel Adams at Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting crime number 37/65722/17.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.