Police appeal following jewellers theft in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Detectives from Great Yarmouth Police station are appealing for witnesses to come forward following an armed robbery which happened in Victoria Arcade at the end of last week.
At approximately 4pm on Friday 5 August 2016, three men entered the jewellers, located within the arcade and an undisclosed amount of jewellery was stolen.
The proprietor was threatened with a taser-like instrument and assaulted during the incident, leaving him with bruising to his head and hand.
Andrew Ball, aged 22, from North Denes Road in Great Yarmouth has been charged with robbery and possession of a prohibited weapon in connection with the incident. He was remanded in custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Saturday, August 6.
At Magistrates Court the case was committed to Norwich Crown Court where Ball will have a preliminary hearing on Monday 5 September 2016. He was remanded in custody until this date.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated or anyone with information should contact DC Chris Rowe at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
Alternatively contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats