Police appeal following four car fatal collision
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for information following a fatal collision on the A141 this morning (Wednesday).
At around 5.10am police received reports of a collision in Isle of Ely Way, Chatteris.
The driver of a blue Toyota Hybrid, Phillip Moore, 66, of High School Close, March was taken to Peterborough City Hospital in an ambulance but died en route.
The drivers of a Scania HGV and a DAF HGV were not injured.
The driver of a JCB tractor, a 34-year-old man from Chatteris, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by driving without due care and attention whilst under the influence and taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw any of the vehicle involved just prior is asked to call police on 101, quoting incident 43 of the 28 November. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
The road remains closed whilst a recovery takes place and diversions have been put in place.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog