Police appeal following dangerous driving in Mildenhall
A police officer has expressed concern for public safety following reports of poor driving.
A 24-year-old was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving in Mildenhall yesterday (Thursday) following calls at 2pm that a Reliant Robin was on its side at a roundabout on the A1101 near the RAF base.
Two men left the car and ran towards nearby woods.
One man was arrested at 9pm the same evening and bailed to return to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on March 2.
Police are still trying to trace the second man. He was described as tall, skinny and in his late teens or early 20s.
PC Thomas Kent said: 'We've had a number of reports over the past two days from people who have seen a vehicle matching this description driving badly in the area.
'We are concerned about public safety and would be very keen to hear from anyone who has seen the vehicle, or may have any information on the driver.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
'Any further intelligence could be essential to this ongoing investigation.'
Calls should be made to PC Robert Bryan at Bury police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.