Police appeal after woman in 60’s has purse stolen in Lowestoft
Police are seeking witnesses following the theft of a purse at North Quay Retail Park on Friday October 14.
At approximately 12.20pm a woman, in her 60's, was approached by a man at the car park asking her for directions to the local hospital.
She asked a second man, who had approached from behind, for help with explaining the location but he did not appear to speak English and did not stop.
It was only after both men had left the area that she realised her purse was missing.
Money was subsequently withdrawn from her account, and her bank card was used at various retailers.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as white, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall, and in his late 30's.
He is of medium to stocky to build, has dark hair and spoke with a foreign accent.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
The second man, who police believe is connected to the theft, is also described as in his late 30's with light, brown hair.
He is slightly shorter and of smaller build to the first man and was wearing a long coat.
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police by calling 101 and quoting crime number 60874/16.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.