Police appeal after motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in Gorleston crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious crash between a motorbike and a car in Gorleston
The incident happened on Shrublands Way just after 7pm, on Saturday, when a black Vauxhall Corsa, travelling on Shrublands Way towards Beccles Road, and a yellow Kawasaki ZX 900, travelling on Beccles Road towards Bradwell, collided.
The motorcyclist, aged in his 40s, suffered serious head injuries, while a female passenger in the Corsa suffered neck and back pain.
The motorcyclist was taken to the James Paget Hospital by ambulance, where he remains in a serious condition.
An air ambulance was called but the mission was aborted due to poor visibility.
A rapid response vehicle, two ambulance crews and one doctor attended the crash scene.
The road was closed while emergency services attended and was re-opened shortly after 12.30am on Sunday.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 7 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 8 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 9 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 10 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
•Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information about the driving manner of either vehicle before the crash. Witnesses should contact Acle Roads Policing on 101.