Police appeal after engine belonging to a Great Yarmouth Sea Cadets’ boat is stolen
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A powerboat engine belonging to Great Yarmouth Sea Cadets club was stolen from a yacht club on the Oulton Broads last week.
Suffolk Police are investigating the theft which took place at Nicholas Everett Park Yacht Club, sometime between 3pm, on Tuesday, December 2, and 11am, Saturday, December 5.
The engine was a Yamaha 60 horse power four stroke engine from a rib boat belonging to the sea cadets.
AS/Lt Steve Carver: said: 'It was the harbour master who spotted that the engine was missing while conducting his routine check on the boats that are stored there.
'He spotted a panel on the fence which was around the area where the boats are kept had been broken off.
'The cadets and staff hope that it can be returned or replaced as power boating is a major part of the spring and summer cadet program enabling them to gain experience and qualifications.
'However there is no CCTV and there is a big time frame in when this could of happened so we are not very confident.'
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 6 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 7 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 8 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
Anyone who has any information should contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting reference number 19710/15