Police appeal after car hits railings in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a car crashed into railings in the centre of Dereham.
This police photograph shows the aftermath of the collision, which happened when a black BMW hit railings in Commercial Road, causing 'substantial damage'.
It was posted by the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing Team on Twitter in the early hours of this morning, along with an appeal for any witnesses to the collision to get in touch. The crash is believed to have happened at around 10pm.
The police tweet said: 'RTC tonight in Commercial Rd Dereham involving substantial damage to property.
'A black BMW collided with railings.'
You may also want to watch:
A further tweet said a casualty had suffered minor injuries, and that the road had been closed while the scene was cleared.
The following two pictures show the extent of the damage this morning, after the vehicle was removed from the scene.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
Although the metal railings in front of two houses were twisted and broken, there appeared to be no substantial damage to the buildings.
Anyone who witnessed the crash should contact police on 101.