Police appeal after attempted Lowestoft home burglary
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for information after an attempted burglary at a home in Kimberley Road at about 1.30am on Thursday.
A neighbour was woken by a loud bang which she at first thought was thunder but then heard a scuffling sound and went to look out her window.
A young male voice was then heard and it appears the offenders realised they had been spotted and ran away.
It was later found that a window at the neighbouring property had been smashed and damage caused to another window but it appears no entry was gained and nothing was stolen.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area around this time or anyone with information about who tried to break in to call Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting reference LO/14/3023, or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 Holiday let plan rejected due to flooding concerns