Drug driving arrest after four people seriously injured in A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
The teenage driver of a car involved in a serious crash on the A47 Acle Straight has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
It happened on the Acle-bound carriageway near Halvergate and involved a silver SEAT Leon and a silver Renault Clio.
All four people in the Clio, two women and two children, were seriously injured and remain in hospital.
The female driver received serious arm and internal injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The woman passenger was taken to the James Paget Hospital with serious injuries and also remains in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
A child in the same car was taken to the James Paget Hospital with a serious arm injury and a young boy was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with a serious head injury.
Both children are still in hospital.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
The driver of the SEAT Leon, a man aged in his late teens, received minor injuries and was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving with excess drugs and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
He has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, has dash camera footage or information concerning the manner of driving of the vehicles before the collision.
Anyone with information or dash camera footage should contact PC Michael Stolworthy of Acle Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101 or email: Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting incident number 145 of 9 March 2020.