Ambulance and firefighters called to Great Yarmouth pier blaze
- Credit: Archant
Britannia Pier has reopened following a blaze.
Firefighters were called to a fire at Britannia Pier, in Great Yarmouth at around 10.52am following a blaze at the sea front.
The emergency services cordoned off the area, and five appliances were called to the site.
A spokesperson from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire has now been put out, but firefighters remained on the scene as a precaution.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene, but no one was injured in the blaze and it is not believed to be suspicious
You may also want to watch:
Manager of Britannia Pier, Keegan Snell, said: "It was in the restaurant and they called the fire service as a precaution."
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs