Poet Roger McGough to perform at King’s Lynn Festival
- Credit: Nick Wright
Award-winning poet Roger McGough will be performing a poetry set to music at this year's King's Lynn Festival.
It will feature a selection of vintage, classic and surprising poems accompanied by Little Machine's three innovative musicians.
Roger McGough, who has published 50 books of adult and children's poetry, has struck up a partnership with the three-piece band which specialises in setting classic poetry to contemporary music.
Poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy described Roger McGough's performance with Little Machine as 'the most brilliant music and poetry band in the world'.
He will be performing at St George's Guildhall on Tuesday, July 18 at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £18 and £9 for under 18s.
The 67th Festival runs from July 16-29. Tickets from the box office at the Corn Exchange on 01553 764864 or visit the King's Lynn Festival website.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen