Pledge to pay £9m in grants to groups along Norfolk and Lincolnshire coasts
- Credit: DONG Energy
Community and environmental projects in coastal areas of north and west Norfolk could share in a new £9.3m fund being launched by DONG Energy.
The East Coast Community Fund is part of the community engagement programme for DONG Energy's Race Bank and Hornsea Project One offshore windfarms. When completed, Race Bank, which will be built 16 miles north of Blakeney, will cover an area of 29 square miles.
The company has pledged to make £390,000 available for the next 20 years to support community and environmental projects.
An additional £75,000 per year will be ring-fenced for a skills fund, designed to support a range of educational and training initiatives focused on the science, technology, engineering and maths.
Brent Cheshire, DONG Energy's UK chairman, said: 'DONG Energy is committed to supporting the local areas and communities where we operate and so I'm delighted this fund is now open to applications.
You may also want to watch:
This fund is another way we can make a difference locally.'
The East Coast Community Fund will be managed by the national grant-making charity GrantScape.
Applications for grants of between £1,000 and £50,000 from the main fund are now invited from community groups, charities and other eligible organisations with projects stretching from Wells to Flamborough Head. The closing date for the first round of applications is March 15. For more information, click here.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?