Help bring a smile to the lonely and donate some festive goodies this Christmas
- Credit: JAMES BASS PHOTOGRAPHY
Nearly a million older people will spend Christmas alone this year and so we've teamed up with Age UK to help give those feeling lonely something to look forward to over the festive period.
A collection box has been placed in the reception of the Archant office on Rouen Road in Norwich and we're hoping to collect enough goodies to make presents for 50 elderly or isolated people across Norfolk, who have no one to turn to, to open and enjoy on Christmas Day.
Age UK do a fantastic job year after year and this year we want to contribute to their efforts.
The charity spoke to people aged over 65 and found shocking levels of isolation and loss - around 1.2 million people admitted Christmas feels like an ordinary day that just passes them by.
In turn we're asking our readers to donate anything from a jar of jam to a set of winter accessories and are hoping to pass over these generous gifts to the Age UK office in the week beginning December 3.
You may also want to watch:
We are looking for:
•Mince pies (sealed and in date)
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 9 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 10 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
•Small jars of jams and pickles
•Small jars of coffee and tea
•Sweets and chocolates
•Gloves or scarves
•Games or crosswords
•Christmas tree decorations
(Please do not donate anything that contains nuts or is homemade)