Plea to save Wymondham’s Silfield Rooms
Volunteers are still wanted to help run two community rooms in Wymondham which face being turned into housing.
According to Saffron Housing Trust, which owns the venue in Green Lane in the town's Silfield area, no-one has yet come forward since its public appeal in December.
The association wants residents to form a committee to oversee the running of the rooms after previous volunteers decided to move on.
It claims the rooms – a tenants resource centre and an adjacent former shop – are now under-used.
If no-one continues to show interest then the space could be turned into residential flats in light of a mounting housing waiting list.
Anyone in Wymondham is welcome to join the committee and submit ideas for the rooms' use.
Lisa Aston, customer involvement assistant at Saffron Housing Trust, said: 'We have had no responses from the community at all with ideas of how they can be used, but we have not given up on it.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Aircraft to commemorate Battle of Britain to fly over Norfolk's sky
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 8 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 9 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
'We're still working with people who have used the rooms but we've got to look at the situation soon.'
If a group can be formed then the Wymondham branch of the Hope Church has already offered a member of staff to help with administration.
Saffron Housing said it can also provide support in terms of training in basic book keeping and health and safety regulations.
For more information, call Saffron Housing Trust on 01508 532000.