Plea for volunteers to help put up Aylsham’s Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A rallying call has gone out for volunteers to help put up Aylsham's festive lights.
A small army of volunteers will gather at the town hall on Sunday November 17 at 8am to tackle the task.
Organiser Keith Elphick said the local Rotary Club, fire crew, Bure Valley Railway and shopkeepers regularly lent a hand - but there was always a need for more helpers.
'It takes two or three hours, and we give them bacon rolls at the finish in mid morning,' he added.
'If people have long ladders they should bring them along,' said Mr Elphick.
You may also want to watch:
The helpers are also needed to take the lights down again on Sunday January 5.
Anyone who can help should contact him on 01263 732396.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'