Plea by owners of a Thetford business for person who damaged sign to come forward goes unanswered
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a small family-run business, who had their shop sign damaged when a person kicked their foot through it, have said no one has responded to their plea for the culprit to come forward.
Gemma Tilly, who owns Thetford Carpet Warehouse with her husband Brett, said she would not take the matter to the police if the person who caused the estimated £500 of damage, came forward, offered to pay for it and apologised.
A man was caught on CCTV putting his foot through the company's sign at 9.42pm on Friday, before heading off along Old Market Street, with it is believed, four other people.
You may also want to watch:
Six days on from the incident, Mrs Tilly has yet to hear from anyone.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
She said: 'I wasn't holding my breath for anyone to come forward but it would be the decent thing to do.
'Anybody with morals would not have behaved like it in the first place.'
The 34-year-old said she has not yet reported the incident to the police but has sent the CCTV video and pictures over to them to see if they are able to do anything.
Mrs Tilly added the gate will have to be fixed soon and said £500 is a lot to pay out.
'It is a lot of money and it is not the kind of thing you have laying around,' she said. 'An extra £500 to pay out is a lot of money.'
Mrs Tilly said if the person would like to come forward he could do so by walking into the shop - which is open Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm -or calling the shop number on 01842 760598.
Did you see the incident or having any information? Email email@example.com