Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station Twitter
Firefighters spent 15 minutes tackling an early morning blaze in a play area at a popular park.
A crew from Lowestoft South Fire Station responded in the early hours following reports of a fire in Normanston Park, Lowestoft.
Firefighters were called to the park off Normanston Drive at 3.51am on Saturday, March 6 and spent 15 minutes tackling the blaze.
A brigade spokesman said: "Blue Watch from Lowestoft South Fire Station attended a fire during the night at Normanston Park in north Lowestoft.
"Children's play park equipment affected by fire, extinguished with one hose reel."
You may also want to watch:
The flames were quickly put out and the scene was cleared by 4.06am.
Police and the council have been informed.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker