Play area campaigners spend weekend at Wymondham’s King’s Head Meadow
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Campaigners fighting to save play equipment at King's Head Meadow have spent the weekend on the site, with protest leader Derek Ward saying about 40 people are enjoying a picnic there this afternoon.
Wymondham Town Council wanted to remove some equipment due to noise and anti-socials behaviour complaints but it sparked a week long protest.
The campaigners, known as the The Kings Head Meadow Playscape Campers, are forming an action group to take part in a mediated process with Wymondham Town Council to see what can be done next.
They are holding a meeting at Wymondham Football Club on Monday from 7pm.
In June, the town council agreed to remove some of the equipment from the park and relocate them after complaints of anti-social behaviour and noise.
You may also want to watch:
The protest started last Monday and had seen fences put up by contractors. The fencing was taken down on Friday.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47