Plant sale to be held at popular Redgrave and Lopham Fen Nature Reserve near Diss
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Green-fingered enthusiasts can kick-start their gardening year at a plant sale at a nature reserve near Diss.
The event at Redgrave and Lopham Fen is taking place on Sunday, April 9 from 10am to 3pm.
It is the 16th year of the popular event which will see over 20 exhibitors, including specialist nurseries selling a wide variety of quality plants.
Now that spring has arrived, visitors can browse the stalls and gather great ideas for the garden for the coming season.
The day will feature a wide range of interesting and unusual plants, even some that are rare or endangered.
There will be something for every garden including bulbs, campanulas, ferns, fuchsias, grasses, herbs, hostas, perennials, shrubs and sweet peas.
Decorative plant supports and a range of vintage and used gardening tools and equipment will also be for sale.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
Master composters from Suffolk and Norfolk will be on hand to encourage visitors to start composting at home and offer support to those who already do.
Gardeners can bag a bargain at the trust's donated plants stall, which will include a number of shrubs kindly donated by Robin Tacchi Plants of Diss.
Compost wraps and fen produce, including firewood and mulch, will also be available at special discounted prices for the day.
The education centre will be open for visitors to take a break and enjoy some refreshment, including homemade soup, tea and cakes.
The Flying Chef hot dog stall will also be outside along with a selection of goodies from Peachey's Preserves.
Deborah Key, education officer at Redgrave and Lopham Fen, said: 'Our annual plant sale is one of the first of the year and provides the perfect opportunity to get inspired, purchase some plants and get tips and advice from the experts.'
As well as the plant sale visitors can enjoy the waymarked trails, with trail guides available to borrow for free.
Admission to the event is £1.50 for adults. Children go free. Dogs are welcome on a lead.
Are you organising a community event in South Norfolk? Contact South and West Norfolk editor Andrew Papworth on 01603 772477 or email email@example.com