Popular plant day returns to Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A popular plant day is returning to north Norfolk this weekend in support of a local hospital.
The Plant Lovers' Day returns on Saturday, May 25 to Creake Abbey, near Wells, with around 1,600 visitors expected to attend.
Over 30 specialist plant nurseries from across the UK are set to feature, including Seagate Irises which offers 600 varieties from across Europe and the USA.
Diana Brocklebank Scott, founder of Creake Abbey, said: "There is a remarkable amount of variety in the iris genus and we are delighted to have such a leading UK Iris nursery with us for the 2019 Creake Abbey Plant Lovers' Day.
"This event, now in its 12th year, has earned a reputation for attracting the very best in garden nurseries and horticultural expertise."
You may also want to watch:
The gate opens at 10am and closes at 4pm and proceeds from the event will go to Wells Community Hospital Trust.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones