Swashbuckling day set to invade coastal village
Plans are well underway for this year's Cley Harbour Day.
Now in its fourth year, the event will take place on Thursday, August 29.
Simon Read, Cley Harbour chairman, said "Cley Harbour Day started as a very small event three years ago and has grown to become a favourite event in the summer holidays for many people.
"Entry is free and we advise people to park in the village car park, near the village hall. Harbour Day takes place on the quay, in the shadow of the wonderful Cley Windmill."
Starting at 4pm, its line-up will include live music from Pirate Joe and the Foreign Locals, and also the Blakeney Old Wild Rovers. There will also family entertainment from Steve Sausage, have-a-go canoe racing, a barbecue, bar, best dressed boat, and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
For children there will be a best-dressed pirate competition for under 12s and the winner will get to make an adult walk the plank.
Funds raised will go towards the ongoing restoration of the harbour.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Full details can be found at www.cleyharbour.co.uk.