Witley Press development in Hunstanton is turned down
- Credit: Archant
Plans to demolish a former print works and build flats on the site have been turned down.
West Norfolk councillors were recommended to approve proposals to redevelop the former Witley Press works on Church Street in Hunstanton.
Developer Waterfield Dudley revised the plans after people living opposite the site said they feared it would block sunlight from entering their properties.
A report to Monday's planning meeting said: 'It is acknowledged in relation to the neighbours opposite the site, that they will notice the new buildings being significantly taller than what currently exists.
'However the scale of these new buildings are not considered to cause detrimental overshadowing, overlooking or overbearing issues given the 14m separation distance between the proposed buildings and these neighbours.'
You may also want to watch:
Councillors deferred a decision pending a site visit. After viewing the site, the committee voted to turn down the plans.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban