Plans for £2m revamp of Long Stratton Leisure Centre go on show
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a £2m revamp of a village's leisure centre have been unveiled.
South Norfolk Council has opened a consultation into plans for the Long Stratton Leisure Centre, which include a refurbished sports hall and changing area, a new gym or 'fitness suite' on the first floor, a refurbished multi-use studio and a new spinning studio.
Yvonne Bendle, the council's cabinet member for wellbeing, leisure and early intervention, said: 'The council recognises the importance of improving the health and wellbeing of our residents and providing quality leisure facilities will help residents become active and keep fit and healthy.
'Our investment in Long Stratton Leisure Centre will provide modern, affordable leisure facilities that can be used by the whole community.
'The improved centre will become a hub where friends and family can spend quality time together for many years to come.'
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the refurbishment will help meet extra demand on the centre due to the more than 1,800 new homes planned for the village.
The plans will be displayed in the leisure centre, and can be found on the council's website, until July 14.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK