Land close to River Wensum could be turned into new fishing lakes
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
An area of land near the River Wensum could be turned into two fishing lakes.
The full application from Kellie Broadway, of Reepham Fishery, has been submitted to Broadland District Council.
If approved, the new lakes would become part of the existing fishery business on Beck Farm, Norwich Road, in Reepham.
The total area of the site is over 20 acres and the lakes would be created on land behind Reepham Fishery on land previously used for shooting.
If approved a flight pond would be extended as part of the development.
You may also want to watch:
The land is about 5K upstream from the River Wensum, a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Special Area of Conservation.
An ecological report said the development 'may have a possible impact on the River Wensum'.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
A statement from the applicant said: 'The land has not been used for any particular purpose since our ownership in January 2017.'