Planners set to decide on future of Caesars nightclub on Great Yarmouth’s Golden Mile
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Planners are poised to approve a nightclub-to-homes conversion on Great Yarmouth's Golden Mile.
Under the scheme Caesars and the two floors above it will be remodelled into 16 flats.
Documents being presented to development control committee members tomorrow, Wednesday, say they must weigh up the needs of the tourism industry with the requirement for new homes.
On balance, officials say: 'The application will provide housing in a sustainable location without having a significant adverse effect on the tourism offering. The loss of the first floor commercial use is not uncommon along Marine Parade and as such will remain in keeping with the character of the area.'
Members are being advised to give their consent with conditions about play space and affordable housing.
The building was once home to Goode's a grand hotel.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party