Planners set to decide on future of Caesars nightclub on Great Yarmouth’s Golden Mile
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Planners are poised to approve a nightclub-to-homes conversion on Great Yarmouth's Golden Mile.
Under the scheme Caesars and the two floors above it will be remodelled into 16 flats.
Documents being presented to development control committee members tomorrow, Wednesday, say they must weigh up the needs of the tourism industry with the requirement for new homes.
On balance, officials say: 'The application will provide housing in a sustainable location without having a significant adverse effect on the tourism offering. The loss of the first floor commercial use is not uncommon along Marine Parade and as such will remain in keeping with the character of the area.'
Members are being advised to give their consent with conditions about play space and affordable housing.
You may also want to watch:
The building was once home to Goode's a grand hotel.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village