Plane trailing animal cruelty statement flies over Carrow Road during Norwich City game
- Credit: Archant
A plane trailing a banner with a political message has been spotted flying above Norwich.
On Saturday afternoon, the plane flew over Carrow Road carrying a banner with the message 'Liz Truss has no balls'.
The stunt, intended to target justice secretary and South West Norfolk MP Liz Truss, was set up by political activist group Operation Frankish in response to a blocked government bill, according to the group's website.
The group claims that in February, MP Anna Turley put forward a Private Members Bill to toughen up animal cruelty sentences, which parliament did not debate.
The plane flew over Carrow Road as Norwich City took on Blackburn, leading to a flurry of posts on social media about the display.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home