Plan to set up business forum in Harleston takes step forward
Plans to set up a business forum in a south Norfolk market town have taken a step forward.
About 50 business owners and shopkeepers from Harleston, its industrial estate and surroundings met at the Swan Hotel on Monday to discuss working together for the good of the town. They shared ideas and another meeting will be announced soon to decide the next step forward.
Clive Attwood, director of Attwood Acorn independent financial advisers on Church Street, said he was delighted with how well the meeting went.
Earlier he said: 'I want everyone involved: self-employed builders, shopkeepers, farmers, charity shops, the industrial estate – anyone who's involved in business in or around Harleston.
'There are things we can achieve together which we cannot so easily achieve individually.'
You may also want to watch:
The meeting followed a lengthy consultation and the publication of a report – Have Your Say: Deeds From Words – which suggests that establishing a business group is 'the highest priority and a pivotal component in collectively and cohesively enhancing the future quality of the town'.
If you would like to get involved in the setting-up of a business group, or just find out more about it, call Mr Attwood on 01379 852789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 City draw up target list