Owner of PJ’s Takeaway thanks firefighters for ‘brilliant’ response to blaze
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a fish and chip shop which was hit by fire has thanked 999 crews for their 'brilliant' response.
Firefighters tackled a blaze at PJ's Takeaway in Northgate Street in Great Yarmouth on Monday night after a cooking range went up in flames.
Andy Nichols, owner of the takeaway, said their swift response helped saved the shop.
'The range has been written off and it's going to have to be changed, but it could have been worse.
'The firefighters were brilliant and put it out in two minutes, so the rest of the shop is undamaged,' he said.
Mr Nichols said no one was hurt in the incident, with customers quickly told to leave, and staff also getting out unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
He said the business would be closed for a month while repairs are carried out.
But he encouraged customers to use their fish and chip shop in Salisbury Road, which is open for business as usual.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list