Picturesque parrot spotted near North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
It's not every day when on a walk that you spot a colourful parrot hidden in the bushes.
And eagle-eyed snapper, Susan Cockaday, 62, could not believe it when she took a walk at Ebridge Mills, near Spa Common in North Walsham on Tuesday.
She was walking along the canal when the beautiful bird landed and had a bath. She said: 'It flew past me low near the reeds, couldn't believe what I saw, it was so beautiful, its colour was so radiant, my friend didn't see it until I showed her when it landed, it had a bath and drink, I took loads of pictures whilst it was doing that.
'We went in the pet shop to see if anyone had lost one then drove to the Vets in North Walsham to report we had spotted a parrot or parakeet but nobody had reported one lost. All I have done is worry since that it will be OK, seemed happy enough but being so colourful it must be at risk from other birds.'
The parrot stayed for around 10 minutes before flying off again.
You may also want to watch:
Have you spotted any unusual animals in your area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photos.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen