Picturesque parrot spotted near North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
It's not every day when on a walk that you spot a colourful parrot hidden in the bushes.
And eagle-eyed snapper, Susan Cockaday, 62, could not believe it when she took a walk at Ebridge Mills, near Spa Common in North Walsham on Tuesday.
She was walking along the canal when the beautiful bird landed and had a bath. She said: 'It flew past me low near the reeds, couldn't believe what I saw, it was so beautiful, its colour was so radiant, my friend didn't see it until I showed her when it landed, it had a bath and drink, I took loads of pictures whilst it was doing that.
'We went in the pet shop to see if anyone had lost one then drove to the Vets in North Walsham to report we had spotted a parrot or parakeet but nobody had reported one lost. All I have done is worry since that it will be OK, seemed happy enough but being so colourful it must be at risk from other birds.'
The parrot stayed for around 10 minutes before flying off again.
You may also want to watch:
Have you spotted any unusual animals in your area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photos.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs