Pictures of Princess Charlotte at her Norfolk home released on her fourth birthday
- Credit: PA
Princess Charlotte's fourth birthday has been marked by the release of pictures taken by her mother at their Norfolk home.
The princess, who is fourth in line to the throne, was photographed by the Duchess of Cambridge at Anmer Hall on the Sandringham Estate and also at Kensington Palace.
In the two images taken at Anmer, the Queen's great-granddaughter is pictured running and smiling as she holds a flower while in the other photograph she sits on a fence beaming at the camera.
In the other photo, Charlotte, who turned four on Thursday, is pictured in a summer dress as she sits crossed legged on a patch of grass at the palace.
The youngster, whose full title is Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, was born at the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington at 8.34am on May 2 2015, weighing 8lb 3oz.
You may also want to watch:
She is the second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and a sister to Prince George and Prince Louis.
Kate, one of the world's most photographed people, often goes behind the lens and has released her own pictures on a number of occasions.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
Just last week, the 37-year-old duchess released snaps of her youngest son Louis to mark his first birthday.
Kate is a keen and accomplished amateur photographer who has lifetime honorary membership of the Royal Photographic Society which recognised her 'talent and enthusiasm'.
She bucked tradition when she took the official photographs of newborn daughter Charlotte in 2015.
The photos of Charlotte showed the young princess being cradled by George at William and Kate's Norfolk home.
Kate, a history of art graduate, has released pictures to mark other milestones in her children's lives, including George and Charlotte's first days at nursery school and Charlotte's first birthday.