Pictures show popular pub’s festive transformation
- Credit: Kelly Walace-Smith
A popular Wymondham pub has been transformed into a 14th century festive wonderland by its former-florist manager.
The Green Dragon on Church Street, Wymondham, is well known for its decadent Christmas decorations created by manager and former-florist Moya Topsom.
Ms Topsom, who used to own Jasmine Florist in Wymondham, said she took her inspiration from the 14th centaury architecture of the pub.
The decorations are created from a combination of greenery and berries grown in the pub garden, charity shop finds and bits and pieces grown and traded by customers.
Land lord Justin Harvey said everything in the pub is locally sourced and environmentally friendly.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We trade ivy from our garden for holly berries from a neighbours bush and we make sure it looks different every year.
'The customers love it and look forward to seeing what Moya creates.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk