PICTURES: Crowds enjoy a MAD event in Dereham
It was fun all the way in the sun at a MAD (multi-activity day) enjoyed by large crowds on Dereham Rec on Saturday.
From juggling to stilt walking and from bouncing on a space hopper to pelting people in the stocks with sponges.
It was fun all the way in the sun at a MAD (multi-activity day) enjoyed by about 300 people on Dereham Rec on Saturday.
The free day was organised by the Wellspring Family Church.
Jamie Jolly, from the church, summed up the day: 'Hundreds of smiley faces were painted at the craft table then bounced around on the bouncy castle and then finally washed clean in the stocks under a barrage of wet sponges.
You may also want to watch:
'Time and again people would come to the team and ask why we were running the event for free, incredulous that they could receive so much for nothing in a world where happiness nearly always comes with a price tag.'
He added: 'This was such a blessing to us and shows that sacrificial love really touches people's hearts and shows them something of God's heart for them. Fun was had, new friends were made and as we step back we are looking with big ideas to next year.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed