PICTURE UPDATE: Norfolk’s Roxy Osborne delighted with her performance in Miss Universe GB final
Norfolk teenager Roxy Osborne is delighted after reaching the final five in last night's Miss Universe GB competition.
Roxy, 18, who was crowned Miss Universe Norfolk earlier in the year, took her place on the catwalk in Birmingham Town Hall with 41 other national finalists.
The aerobics and fitness instructor, from Cromer, went through an interview round, performed a dance routine and paraded on stage in different outfits on a jubilee theme: a white cocktail dress, blue bikini and, finally, a red evening gown.
'It was just awesome. I was just amazed to get that far - I loved it,' said Miss Osborne, who only entered the Miss Universe Norfolk pageant earlier this year 'for a bit of fun' and pipped 19 other hopefuls to take the county crown.
But Miss Osborne, who works at Cromer's Fighting Fit Gym and Splash leisure centre in Sheringham, did go home with a trophy when she and fellow Norfolk beauty Neuza Vika, 19, from Great Yarmouth were presented with the contest's Not in Vain campaign award.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign aims to empower young women and help them achieve their goals, and raise money for charity.
Miss Osborne walked on glass and broke a wooden board at an event at Sainsbury's in Longwater Lane, Norwich, last month as both a fund-raiser and test of confidence. Miss Vika, who had broken a board at an earlier event, passed the bucket round for donations.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
Miss Osborne, who has recently qualified as a personal trainer, also completed a four-hour aerobic-a-thon at Splash in Sheringham and has raised about �100 for the Hemraj Goyal Foundation – a charity supported by the Miss Universe contest.
Her ambition is to help injured soldiers recover their fitness but, more immediately, she will be entering for next year's Miss Universe GB, co-hosting Miss Universe Norfolk and acting as a judge at Miss Universe Suffolk and Miss Universe Cambridgeshire.
The Miss Universe GB 2012 title was won by Holly Hale, 21, from Swansea.