PICTURE SPECIAL: Royal wedding celebrations at North Walsham and Blakeney schools
A host of schools from around North Norfolk have been helping to mark the Royal Wedding with their own take on the nuptials.
To mark the special day, pupils from Blakeney Primary School lead a procession through the village, from their school down to the quay and back to the village hall, before meeting up with pre-school children for tea and cakes at the hall.
Staff and pupils from other schools also paid tribute to the couple.
Christine Mead, head of Colby Primary School said: 'We have been doing lots of activities based on traditional British themes, such as a tennis, Wimbledon activity and singing the national anthem. The children have also been encouraged to come to school dressed in red, white and blue.'
The school finished off the day with a grand tea party and a visit from a real horse and cart.
Carol Evans, acting head of Sheringham Woodfields School, said: 'We are having a double celebration , wishing the Royal couple a long and happy life and also celebrating our Ofsted success.'
The school has recently achieved an 'outstanding' rating from the school inspectors, Ofsted. To mark the Royal wedding and their success, they have been looking at the meaning of weddings and learning about the Royal family, and on Thursday, they held their own street party.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 9 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
At North Walsham Infant and Junior Schools pupils held their own parties and children dressed as princes and princesses. They also enjoyed a visit by town mayor Anne Rose.
At the infant school, every child in the school received a special commemorative medal in a presentation case, paid for by the parent-teacher association.