Picture Gallery: Woodton Primary School take part in Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios
As professional and amateur artists across the region open up their studios, children in two schools near Bungay have joined in by showing off their work.
The pupils at Woodton Primary and Ellingham V.C Primary have opened their school doors to parents, family and villagers as part of Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios' celebration of art.
All week they have been displaying their best work made throughout the year, while the children, aged four to 11, have been proudly talking guests through their pieces.
Pauline McGowan, head teacher, said the schools, which are linked, were invited to take part last year, and enjoyed it so much they thought they would invite visitors in to see their work again.
She said: 'The children just love to show off their artwork. It is a formal exhibition as far as they are concerned. It also gives parents and grandparents and people in the village an opportunity to come in and see what they have been doing.'
You may also want to watch:
The visitors are greeted by some of the children who then show them around the artwork in the hall and corridors, and take them to classrooms where they have the chance to be involved in art lessons.
Mrs McGowan said: 'Talking to the adults and explaining what the work is and showing them around the school is just brilliant for their social skills.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
All of the children at both schools, from reception age to year six, are participating in the event, with a range of topics on show including animal pictures relating to their study on zoos and others relating to work on Mexico.
The open studio continues today at Woodton and tomorrow and Friday at Ellingham, from 1.30pm to 3pm on each day.