Picture gallery: Thousands take part in Norwich bike ride
Thousands of cyclists are pedalling around Norfolk on the annual Norwich 100/ 50 mile bike ride.
Experienced racing cyclists as well as many amateurs are taking part in the event, which is organised by Bike Events and raises money for the British Heart Foundation. There is a choice of a 50 mile or a 100 mile route, both beginning at Norwich Cathedral.
Those taking part set off first thing this morning and headed north to Reepham, with those on the 50-mile route then looping back past Blickling Hall while the 100-milers have headed up to the coast to Sheringham before skirting the Broads and returning to the finish at the cathedral.
This year's event will help mark BHF's 50th anniversary.
Among those taking part is James Wynn, who lives off Colman Road in Norwich, who is doing the ride with his mother Mark in memory of their mother, who died recently from ischaemic heart disease. They are hoping to raise more than �1,200 for the charity.
Have a look at our photo gallery to see pictures of cyclists setting off on the ride.
Check back here later for more details of how the day went.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction