Picture Gallery: Sun shines on Beccles Lido season opener
A heated outdoor swimming pool opened with a splash this morning.
A queue of 25 people were waiting for Beccles Lido to open for the new season at 7.30am, with 350 swimmers welcomed by lunchtime as the sun shone brightly on their big day.
Shaun Crowley said: 'It is busy and lovely to see some old faces that I haven't seen for the last seven or eight months.
'A couple who were the last to leave last year were back on the same sun beds this morning.'
The pool, in Puddingmoor, is beginning its second full season since being taken over by the community-run charity Beccles Lido Ltd.
It had been at risk of closure but the group helped to breathe new life into it and last year they welcomed almost 30,000 visitors to the pool.
The group was also awarded the Prime Minister's Big Society Award last year.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
This season runs until Sunday, September 9, with the pool open every day from 7.30am to 6.30pm, and a late opening until 8pm on Thursdays.