Picture Gallery: Sun shines on Beccles Lido season opener
A heated outdoor swimming pool opened with a splash this morning.
A queue of 25 people were waiting for Beccles Lido to open for the new season at 7.30am, with 350 swimmers welcomed by lunchtime as the sun shone brightly on their big day.
Shaun Crowley said: 'It is busy and lovely to see some old faces that I haven't seen for the last seven or eight months.
'A couple who were the last to leave last year were back on the same sun beds this morning.'
The pool, in Puddingmoor, is beginning its second full season since being taken over by the community-run charity Beccles Lido Ltd.
You may also want to watch:
It had been at risk of closure but the group helped to breathe new life into it and last year they welcomed almost 30,000 visitors to the pool.
The group was also awarded the Prime Minister's Big Society Award last year.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
This season runs until Sunday, September 9, with the pool open every day from 7.30am to 6.30pm, and a late opening until 8pm on Thursdays.