Picture gallery: Stunning pictures of one of the highest tides of the year at Brancaster Staithe
These images capture the serene and majestic tidal marshes at Brancaster Staithe completely covered by the highest tide it will see all year.
The tide went up to 9.3m earlier this week and made for stunning views of one of the jewels in the crown of north Norfolk.
These scenes could be witnessed from the deck terrace at The White Horse and along the Norfolk Coast Path into the harbour at Brancaster Staithe where fisherman are beginning the mussel-fishing season.
Witnesses will have seen the stunning landscape changing before their eyes.
The tide started to come in shortly after 6am and was at its 9.3m peak at 8.22am before rolling back out to sea by around 11am.
You may also want to watch:
According to the local tide table, the tide at this area only reaches 9.3m twice a year.
It is due to do this again at 8.01am on October 17.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants