PICTURE GALLERY: Santa fun run in Downham Market
EDP photographer Ian Burt captured these pictures today from the Santa fun run in Downham Market which was part of the Chritsmas lights switch on celebrations.
The run was held in the afternoon in aid of the Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund with participants running two laps around the town centre.
The organisers of the lights switch-on reported the best turnout in recent years.
Local primary school children Ellie Davidson and Rebecca Jarrett switched the lights on at 4.30pm and there were fairground rides and charity stalls, as well as a craft fair and a Santa's grotto in the Town Hall.
The crowds were also entertained by live jazz music and performances from the Clacklose and Hillcrest Primary School choirs.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Downham Market Lions Club and the Downham Market Chamber of Trade.
Lions Club president Ken Baxter said: 'It's been another cracking day and the turnout must be the best we've had for three or four years.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
'Everyone's had a great time and the local charities have enjoyed a roaring trade.
'There has been an enormous amount of work behind the scenes from everyone to make this a success but it has been great to put something back into the town.'