Picture gallery: Open Farm Sunday proves successful at Honingham Thorpe Farms in Colton, Norfolk
The Open Farm Sunday national event saw people learning all about the world of farming at Honingham Thorpe Farms in Colton, near Easton, today.
The Linking Farming and Environment organisation was hoping to see over 120,000 people visit more than 340 farms which had swung open their gates for the event.
Farm manager at Honingham Thorpe Farms, Jamie Lockhart organised the joint venture with Morley Agricultural Foundation.
He said: 'It went fantastically well. We had 1,000 burgers in and they sold out so we definitely had over 1,000 people and I would say maybe more than that.
'We had a farmers' market in the main food hall with all sorts of food and there was a good atmosphere in there.
You may also want to watch:
'There's been a lot of people learning about farming and sheep shearing. A lot of families with young children but a good mix, with some couples coming up from the village, so I'd say we had an eclectic mix of people.
'We had a steady stream of people all day so it was very good.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich