Picture gallery: Norwich, Lowestoft and Ipswich crews go head-to-head in Oulton Broad Dragon Boat Festival
Crowds flocked to Oulton Broad today as the East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival returned to Nicholas Everitt Park.
Twenty teams including competitors from Lowestoft, Norwich and Ipswich all went head-to-head in the dragon boats, as families lined the side of the water to enjoy the racing on a bright sunny day.
Team Expro, representing Expro North Sea, were there defending the title they won last year, while IDM Electrical, of Lowestoft, got into the spirit of the event by dressing up in Where's Wally? inspired attire.
In the end the winners were Team Elite from Elite Interiors UK Ltd, of Lowestoft, with a time of 59.18, beating Team Expro by less than a second.
The event has been raising money for St Elizabeth Hospice, which helps people living with a progressive illness and their families in Waveney and Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
1) 59.18 - Team Elite from Elite Interiors UK Ltd
2) 59.91 – Team Expro from Expro North Sea
3) 60.30 – Bengal Tigers from ISMC
Mixed event winners (with five or more females)
1) It's All Gone Pete Wong from Ransome Mobility
2) The Sea Jays from CJ Electrical
1) Morgan Swimdell from Morgan Sindall
2) Team Elite from Elite Interiors UK Ltd
1) Wally Sparks from IDM Electrical Ltd