PICTURE GALLERY: Jubilee balloon race in Fakenham
Kick Start Fakenham held a diamond jubilee balloon race today when 120 red, white and blue helium balloons were released at Millennium Park.
Kick Start Fakenham vice chairman Sean Mears said: 'It has gone brilliantly. There has been lots of people here in the park having fun and this is exactly what we wanted.'
Children from Fakenham Junior School and Fakenham Infant and Nursery School released the balloons at 4.30pm.
Companies and individuals sponsored the balloons at �5 each .
The person whose balloon is reported to have travelled the furthest will win a prize of jubilee goodies, which has been provided by Aldiss.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go towards running costs of this year's Fakenham Fair.
Meanwhile, as their contribution jubilee celebrations the 2534 (Fakenham) Squadron Air Training Corps will parade in the Market Square for a formal inspection by Fakenham mayor Janet Holdom at 7.30pm on Wednesday.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17