PICTURE GALLERY: Gas Hill Gasp returns for Lord Mayor’s Celebrations in Norwich
The gruelling Gas Hill Gasp returned last night as part of the early Lord Mayor's Celebrations.
Brave cyclists hoping to become King of the Hill sprinted up to the top of one of Norwich's tallest, and steepest, inclines.
The competition began at 7pm and included heats for men, women, juniors and under 12s.
Ross Tricker, from XRT Elmy Cycles in Ipswich, was the overall winner in 21.2 seconds while Kelly Davis, who rides for the Iceni Velo cycling club, was declared the fastest woman.
Hugo Robinson, from the Elmy club, was crowned best junior and Josun Cole, of Iceni, was the best under 12.
You may also want to watch:
Race organiser Ken Jollisse said: 'It was absolutely packed up the hill with people watching on both sides. We had about 80 people competing in four different groups. The youngest of them was seven, that was Edward Cole and he managed to climb the hill.
'It seems so popular that we will definitely have to keep it going.'
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows