PICTURE GALLERY: Big Toddle in Norwich’s Eaton Park
Monkeys, tigers and zebras were among the creatures that could be seen in a city park today as excited youngsters dressed up as their favourite animals and took part in the Big Toddle.
The short sponsored walk for under-fives and their families was at Eaton Park, in Norwich, and its aim was to raise funds to support Barnardo's early years work with children with physical and learning disabilities, autism and behavioural problems.
BBC Look East presenter Susie Fowler-Watt was among the people to attend the walk.
Barnardo's volunteer Becky Clifton, of pre-school music and movement group Jo Jingles, said: 'Over 100 parents and toddlers took part in the Norwich toddle and the event went really well.
'Lots of children got dressed up as their favourite safari animal and a good time was had by all.'
The Eaton Park event is one of many Barnardo's Big Toddles which are taking place at different locations across the UK.
Each year throughout the country about half a million children take part in the Big Toddle.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
Pre-schools, playgroups or nurseries can also organise their own Toddle events.
For more information visit www.bigtoddle.co.uk or call 0845 2709900.