PICTURE GALLERY: Banham Zoo animals give seal of approval for Queen’s diamond jubilee
The excitement ahead of the diamond jubilee weekend has become so infectious even the animal kingdom is preparing to salute the Queen.
A number of Banham Zoo's residents even invited the cameras in to show they were up for a laugh and proud to give their own seal of approval for the celebrations.
A fur seal, golden headed lion tamarin, meerkat, red ruffed lima and two ring-tailed limas all posed with the Union Jack to herald the start of the zoo's weekend of revelry.
To kick start the weekend, the first ever Friends of Banham Zoo charity fun run will take place tomorrow evening when the zoo's Royal Corgi will be in attendance at the starting line with its owner to wave the runners off.
Over the Bank Holiday weekend, from June 2-5, visitors to the zoo will be able to join in with a special Meet a Royal animal handling sessions, with a chance to get up close with the activities and education centre's Royal Pythons.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be Jubilee face painting, themed 'make and do' sessions, and a brand new Great British Menu to enjoy in the zoo restaurant.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17